Published on May 6th, 2018 | by Admin0
Call for Paper: Aceh International Workshop and Expo on Sustainable Tsunami Disaster Recovery (AIWEST-DR) 2018
The Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education encourages researchers, academia, disaster practitioners and managers to be involved in remarkable international workshop organized by Tsunami and Disaster Mitigation Research Center (TDMRC), Syiah Kuala University. This international workshop will be held in Banda Aceh which is the most devastated city after 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami.
AIWEST-DR was firstly launched in 2005 as part of Syiah Kuala University contribution to ensure the messages from the 2004 tsunami pass across the regions and become lessons learned for other tsunami prone countries. It was first named as Annual International Workshop and Expo on Sumatra Tsunami Disaster Recovery during the first ninth consecutive events.
Since 2016, the name of this event has been refined into a new name with the same abbreviation: Aceh International Workshop and Expo on Sustainable Tsunami Disaster Recovery. We want to ensure the Sendai Frameworks for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR), released in Sendai-Japan in 2005, be resonant in the mind of disaster researchers, practitioners, and policy makers. Therefore, we invite researchers, academia, disaster practitioners and managers to submit their extended abstracts to the 11th AIWEST-DR 2018.
Theme: Advancing science and technology innovation for sustainable disaster resilience and risk reduction
- Prof. H. Mohamad Nasir, Ph.D., Ak. (Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia)*
- Prof. Shunichi Koshimura (Hazard and Risk Evaluation Research Division, IRIDeS Tohoku University, Japan)
- Prof. Dwikorita Karnawati (Meteorological, Climatological, and Geophysical Agency of Indonesia, BMKG, Indonesia)*
- Prof. Phil Cummins (Research School of Earth Sciences, Australian National University, Australia)
- Prof. Franck Lavigne (Université de Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France)
- Prof. Rajib Shaw (Keio University, Japan)*
- Carmine Galasso, PhD (University College London, England)
*to be confirmed
Scope of AIWEST-DR 2018
AIWEST-DR 2018 are expected to cover the following topics (but are not limited):
- Geohazards, Technology and Infrastructure;
- Coastal City Resilience Towards Natural Hazard;
- Knowledge management for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance;
- Human Security and Disaster Medicine;
- Policy Making for Sustainable Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Hydro-meteorological Hazards and Climate Changes;
- Tsunami Numerical Modeling and Its Applications;
- Resilient City Planning;
- Evacuation Planning and Training;
- Disaster Education;
- Emergency Handling and Psychological Dimension of Responses;
- ICT Application in Disaster Management;
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Disaster Management;
- Local and Indigenous Knowledge for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Applied Geosciences for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Effective Recovery, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction;
- Paleotsunami and Paleoseismic studies;
- Disaster Management in Religious Perspective;
- Progress of SFDRR implementation.
Abstract & paper submissions
Prospective presenters in AIWEST-DR are invited to submit their abstracts that consist of not less than 1000 words with title and affiliation and five keywords following the abstract. The papers to be presented in this conference must have not been presented, accepted or published elsewhere. The abstract should be submitted before May 23, 2018 and the full paper should be uploaded before August 1, 2018.All submitted papers will be subjected to a review process. The abstract should explain brief background of the paper, objectives, methods, and important findings. The template of the extended abstract and full paper can be found in the Submission & Registration page and the submission can be done through the same menu.
All accepted papers will be included in the 11th AIWEST-DR Proceeding and will be made online (Scopus indexed). A hard copy of the proceeding can be ordered separately to the committee during the workshop. Selected papers from this symposium will be invited to submit to a reputable peer reviewedinternational journal (Scopus indexed). Acceptance to the international journal will go through a blind-review process and a decision of the acceptance/rejection will be based on the quality of the papers.
- Deadline of Abstract Submission: May 22, 2018
- Announcement of Abstract Acceptance: June 22, 2018
- Deadline for full paper submission: August 1, 2018
- Deadline of Early Registration for presenters: September 1, 2018
- Deadline of Online Registration for presenters: October 1, 2018
- Announcement of full paper acceptance: September 14, 2018
- Workshop and Expo Date: October 10-12, 2018
- Field Trip to Tsunami imprints: October 18, 2018
EVENT WEBSITE: http://aiwest-dr.unsyiah.ac.id/2018
Read more at https://ristekdikti.go.id/aiwest-dr-ke-11-tahun-2018/#RtrERctGULBWOfk6.99